There are hundreds of sunscreens on the market today. There are three problems with the majority of the sunscreens
- chemical filters (active ingredients) are hazardous
- the majority of sunscreens do not provide effective protection
- there are many hazardous inactive ingredients
"We launched Love Sun Body because we wanted to give people the opportunity to enjoy the sun again by offering the safest and highest quality sunscreens, which are truly effective and safer than any sunscreen on the market today. The reality is, there are thousands of sunscreen brands and products on the market, the majority of which are not safe, healthy, or effective.
At Love Sun Body, we developed revolutionary sunscreens, Love Sun Body 100% Natural Origin Mineral Sunscreens. Love Sun Body sunscreens are the first and only sunscreens in the United States that have been certified by Ecocert Cosmos Natural, meetings and exceeding the FDA OTC Monograph System, the European Commission’s recommendation on UVA protection and Health Canada Natural Health Products Regulations. All of our products are biodegradable and our packaging is recyclable". - Dr. Terry Zickerman, CEO, Love Sun Body
Third Party Certification
Third-party certification means that an independent organization has reviewed the manufacturing process of a product and has independently determined that the final product complies with specific standards for safety and quality. This review typically includes comprehensive formulation/material reviews, testing and facility inspections. Most certified products bear the certifier’s mark on their packaging to help consumers and other buyers make educated purchasing decisions.
The Highest Standards
These five COSMOS members are:
- BDIH (Germany)
- Cosmebio (France)
- Ecocert Greenlife SAS (France)
- ICEA (Italy)
- Soil Association (Great Britain)
COSMOS stands for "COSMetic Organic and Natural Standard", which sets certification requirements for organic and natural cosmetics products in the Europe. The standard is recognized globally by the cosmetic industry.
The Cosmos standard is the global certification for natural and organic cosmetics. These standards are used by over 1600 companies manufacturing and selling over 25,000 products in more than 45 countries worldwide – some 85% of the certified cosmetics market. COSMOS-certified products are produced to the highest standards for organic and natural cosmetics, and are safe, effective and good to use.
- No animal testing
- No GMO ingredients
- No controversial chemicals
- No parabens and phthalates
- No synthetic colours, dyes or fragrances
Following six years of research & development, we created sunscreens that are more advanced than anything else on the market.
100% of our sunscreen total ingredients are from natural origin, are safe and effective, blends evenly, moisturizing matte finish, water resistant and luxurious.
Broad Spectrum SPF 30 and SPF 50 fragrance-free and lightly scented formulas
- SPF 30 active ingredients non-nano zinc oxide
- SPF 50 active ingredients non-nano zinc oxide and titanium dioxide
- Inactive ingredients are all natural plant based, that have not been genetically modified (GMO), no parabens, phenoxyethanol, nanoparticles, silicon, PEG, synthetic perfumes and dyes, animal-derived ingredients, petroleum-derived ingredients, paba-free, hexane, gluten, phthalates, silicones, sulfates and ureas
- Meets European standards for UVA and UVB protection
- All formulas water-resistant 80 minutes, sweat-resistant
- Moisturizing matte finish, sunscreens rub in very well and dry quickly
- Hypoallergenic (relatively unlikely to cause an allergic reaction)
- Non-comedogenic (formulated so as not to cause blocked pores)
- Cruelty-free and Vegan
- Coral Reef Safe
- Safe for adults, children and babies 6 months or older
- Our products meet the most stringent regulatory, third-party testing and certification
- No eye-stinging ingredients
- Patent Pending
SPF is a measure of how well a sunscreen protects against sunburn which is caused by UVB rays.
UVA rays are responsible for skin damage and can lead to skin cancer. Broad spectrum sunscreens protect against both UVA and UVB rays. In the nations regulated by the European Commission, manufacturers voluntarily comply with a recommendation that broad spectrum protection by the ratio of UVA to UVB protection, requiring one third of the SPF number to be UVA protection.
Like no other sunscreens in the world, 100% Natural Origin - green, safe and effective broad spectrum non-nano mineral sunscreens that are made in the U.S.
Love Sun Body 100% Natural Origin Mineral Sunscreens are the first and only sunscreens in the U.S. certified by Ecocert Cosmos Natural and have been clinically tested hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic and are reef safe. Love Sun Body formulas offer truly effective sunscreens, meeting and exceeding the regulatory requirements of the FDA OTC Monograph System, the European Commission’s recommendation on UVA protection and Health Canada Natural Health Products Regulations. Love Sun Body 100% Natural Origin Mineral Sunscreens are made with the safest UVA and UVB filters - SPF 30 formulas non-nano zinc oxide and SPF 50 formulas non-nano zinc oxide and titanium dioxide and plant based moisturizers.
Love Sun Body was given the best score for safety and efficacy by the Environmental Working Group (EWG). Love Sun Body sunscreen formulas are certified PETA Cruelty Free and Vegan with no eye stinging ingredients.
Green businesses are socially and environmentally responsible
Love Sun Body was conceived as a green company and is committed to environmentally-conscious business practices including recycling, manufacturing, socially responsible investments (SRI) that focus on conservation of natural resources, manufacturing and implementation of clean air.